contact
Test Drive Blog
twitter
rss feed
blog entries
log in

Related Posts with Thumbnails
24.5.10

Last Friday I went to TM Point (Pandan Indah branch) to apply for the Streamyx UniPack thingy.
Went there around 4pm. I think 3.54pm to be exact.
Pressed the B button for "Application".
Got the number 2192.
Current number is 2143.
GODS!!
Almost 50 people to wait.
Waited for the first hour,
I was so shocked to discover that TM people are so freaking SLOW!!!
Only 10 people have passed since I reached.
'OK!', I thought. I'll wait!
There were 6 counters for APPLICATIONS.
Not 3 or 4, but 6.
SIX!
It 2 were empty, 2 were occupied by the same customer an hour earlier, and the other 2 was moving at speeed of only god knows.

As time passed by, I got really fed up.
I got so fed up that I go talk to strangers around me.
Out of the slowness of the staffs, I got to know a girl from TARC.
She's studying International Business year1.
^__^

Back to the story,
5.30pm had arrived and the number is only ~2180.
waiting~ waiting~ waiting~
...
...
...
...
...


Waited for so long. Got proof somemore.
(Don't mind the BIG BLACK DOT. Handphone got pixel loss problem with the screen.)

FINALLY, my turn is here.
I went up to the counter. Gave him all details, all documents.
Then, he dropped the bomb on me.
Sorry la encik, streamyx tak boleh tukar nama.
I was like, WTF?!
Telephone line can change name but streamyx cant change name?
OMWTFCBKNNFG
FINE! I'll swt up a new line.
Then he started giving me those crappy;
processing fee, RM50;
deposit fee, RM75;
opening line fee, RM10.

I give up. I just accept what he said. And all the crap.
Bla~ bla~ bla~.
I agreed to all his Terms & Conditions,
like that also I still need to wait for half an hour+.

Around 6.30 only I can leave.
Haihz~


WORD OF ADVICE:
To any
YEAR1 or YEAR2 students in
DIPLOMA / DEGREE / A-Levels
*stpm i dunno. so, too bad.*
who wanna change to this streamyx UniPack package, please remember some important notes. It would save u a hell load of time and saliva argueing.


  1. Fill in the Streamyx UniPack Form.
  2. Bring your IC and student ID card along when applying.
  3. Get a verification cop from your course's office.
  4. Bring your COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY OFFER LETTER.

Those are the basics.
Now comes the important part.
Read carefully!

IF your house telephone line is registered UNDER your name, you can straight away upgrade your current package (ANY package whether under the 2-years contract or not, provided you didn't sign up for those package that comes with PC/laptop).

HOWEVER,
IF your house telephone line is not under your name, you can have 2 options.


  1. Terminate the current line and apply for the same line (means same number) and this time make it under your name. This option takes approx. 1 month. Imagine no internet for 1 month. x_x
    *I don't recommend you choosing this option*
  2. Apply for a new number, solely under your name. This process takes 1week+. And when its done, set up-ed at your home, then you straight go to TM Point and cancel your existing number.
    *I recommend this more*

I chose the 2nd option. Obviously. So now I can just wait for the technician to come and fix my new line.
Hope it goes well and worth my time spent in that TM Point.

To those who have my old house number which is
+60342937839,
its now,
+60342915587

0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

t@Lk TaLK t@LK

Followers